Costs & Financial Aid
YOU CAN AFFORD A QUARTER IN WASHINGTON, D.C.!
*UCI Campus Estimated Budget source. Registration fees are the California Resident fees for one quarter during the 2023-24 academic year. For nonresidents of California, add $10,858 Nonresident Supplemental Tuition to the costs above.
**The Winter quarter is 1 week shorter than Fall or Spring quarters, so housing and living expenses are lower in winter quarter.
NOTE: We also offer a Fall Semester Program for interested participants. The total estimated budget for the fall semester is approximately $14,000 – $15,000, depending on the start date you choose. The costs are the same as above, plus the costs of rent and living expenses during the additional 2-4 weeks spent in DC. If interested, ask us for more details!
Financial Aid Information
- All UCDC Participants are encouraged to complete a FAFSA by the priority deadline in early March to ensure that you are considered for any financial aid for which you may be eligible.
- Financial Aid eligibility criteria are the same when studying on UCDC or at UCI. All UCI financial aid (grants, scholarships, and loans – except work-study) is available to qualified UCDC students.
- The UCI Financial Aid Office adjusts aid awards to meet the modest increase in cost of the UCDC Academic Internship Program. Upon selection, UCDC will provide participant names to the Financial Aid Office, who will recalculate awards based on the estimated costs above.
- Participants who are eligible for the Pell Grant (including undocumented students) may be eligible for a UCDC Scholarship, typically in the amount of $1,000, although the amount of funding available can vary each year. More information will be provided upon acceptance to the program. All participants are strongly encouraged to apply for other UCI Scholarships and external scholarships to help fund their participation on UCDC. Scholarships received to attend UCI should be applicable to UCDC, since you are enrolled at UCI while in DC.
- Subsidized Unpaid Interns Program (SUIP) – Starting in Fall 2023, SUIP (offered through the UC Washington Center) will provide UCDC students $1,000 if their internship is unpaid or make up the difference if it pays less than $1,000.