Applying to the UCDC Academic Internship Program
- Junior or Senior standing recommended by departure
- Must be an enrolled UCI undergraduate degree-seeking student
- 3.0 GPA or above recommended at the time of application
- All majors are encouraged to apply
- Degree-seeking International students and DACA/AB540/Undocumented students are eligible to apply
Academic UCDC Program Dates
|Quarter: September 17 – December 3
Semester: August 20 or September 6 – December 3
|January 7 – March 18|
|March 25 – June 10|
Late applications for Spring 2023 accepted on a rolling basis, subject to space availability. To submit a late application, contact our team at email@example.com.
Link to application on Handshake below. Priority application deadline for Fall 2023: April 11, 2023
Link to application on Handshake below. Priority application deadline for Winter 2024: May 2, 2023
UCI students looking for a non-academic, full-time internship experience in Summer terms should refer to the UCDC Summer Internship Program.
How to Apply
- Review all of the information in the links to the left.
- View or attend an information session (optional)
- Submit your application materials through Handshake. Required documents include a Resume, Essay, and one Letter of Recommendation. Be sure to follow the instructions carefully.
- Essay Response – 1-2 page, double-spaced essay response with Name and Student ID at the top right (Note: you MUST have your name AND student ID on your essay response). In your essay, please respond to these questions: Why do you want to participate in UCDC? What kinds of internships interest you and how will this experience help you achieve your career and academic goals? Be specific and include names of some of the internship sites you are considering applying to.
- Revised resume. You must have your resume reviewed by a Division of Career Pathways staff member during drop in advising or a career counseling appointment (schedule through Handshake). Revise your resume according to the feedback you receive and then submit the revised resume with your application.
- One Letter of Recommendation. Letter can be from a faculty member, TA, employer, staff member, club advisor, etc. It should not be from a friend, family member, or peer. Upload your Letter of Recommendation in the “Transcript” field in Handshake, or if your recommender prefers that it remain confidential, ask him/her to e-mail it to: firstname.lastname@example.org [you do not need to upload a Transcript]. Ideally, the letter should be submitted by the application deadline, but if this is not possible, let us know and we may be able to give you more time to submit the letter.
All UCI UCDC applications are submitted through Handshake. Before applying, make sure to carefully review the information and deadlines above.
QUESTIONS? Contact us to get your questions answered.
Fall 2023 Application
Winter 2024 Application
UCDC Annual Security & Fire Safety Report
The UCDC Annual Security & Fire Safety Report is available online at: https://www.ucdc.edu/sites/default/files/pdf/Safety/Clery%202021%20-%20UCDC%20Annual%20Security%20and%20Fire%20Saftey%20Report.pdf. The report contains information regarding campus safety and security including topics such as: campus law enforcement authority; crime reporting policies; campus alerts (Timely Warnings and Emergency Notifications); fire safety policies and procedures; programs to prevent dating violence, domestic violence, sexual assault and stalking; the procedures UCDC will follow when one of these crimes is reported; and other matters of importance related to security on campus. The report also contains information about crime statistics for the three most recent calendar years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus; in On-Campus Student Housing Facilities; in Noncampus buildings or property owned or controlled by UCDC or a recognized student organization; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, the campus. The report also contains fire statistics for any fires occurring in UCDC’s On-Campus Student Housing Facility (the UC Washington Center) during the three most recent calendar years.
A paper copy of the report will be provided upon request. If you would like to receive a paper copy, you can stop by the Residential Life Office in Room 413 (located at 1608 Rhode Island Avenue, NW Washington, DC, 20036) or you can request that a copy be mailed to you by calling (202) 974-6216 or emailing email@example.com.