Apply to be a UCDC Peer Advisor!
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A UCI JOB THAT:
- Enables you to share your enthusiasm for UCDC?
- Encourages you to be innovative and creative?
- Supports you in developing new skills?
- Looks great on a resume and makes you more competitive for your future job search?
THEN WE HAVE THE JOB FOR YOU!!
UCDC Peer Advisors are UCI students who have returned from participating on the UCDC Program. These students actively assist with outreach, coordination, marketing, advising, orientations and program support for the UCDC and UC Center Sacramento (UCCS) academic internship programs.
NOTE: We are planning on this being an in-person position for the entire 2021-22 academic year. However, if UCI returns to a remote environment due to the uncertainties surrounding COVID-19, the position may be offered on remotely.
– Conduct information sessions about UCDC and UCCS
– Present to student groups, dorms, and classes
– Represent UCDC and UCCS at campus events
– Coordinate outreach activities that seek to raise program awareness across campus
– Create social media marketing and electronic flyers/other marketing materials
– Advise prospective participants, individually and in a group setting
– Assist participants with their internship search and conduct pre-departure orientations
– General office duties (reception, respond to e-mail and voicemail messages, attend weekly staff meetings, utilize office project management tool to keep track of projects, etc.)
Experience and Skills Required:
– Previous experience as a UCDC Academic Internship Program participant
– Ability to articulate why you believe interning in D.C. is valuable and important
– Strong public speaking skills
– Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently
– Advising and/or customer service experience
Training and Time Commitment:
- We are seeking 2-3 dedicated students who can each commit to working approximately 6-12 hours per week for the entire academic year. The average workload is roughly 10 hours per week, but can vary based on individual needs and schedules. *Students with work-study are strongly encouraged to apply, although work-study is not required.
- Be available for an interview after the application deadline (may be on Zoom).
- Be available for about 4-8 hours of training during the week of September 13, 2021 (exact date TBD based on your schedule).
- Begin regular work schedule at the beginning of Welcome Week, September 20, 2021.
Pay Rate: $14.00 per hour. Pay rate will go up to $15.00 per hour on January 1, 2022.
How to Apply:
Complete and submit the online Application by MONDAY, AUGUST 23rd at 11:59 pm.
Application consists of the following items:
- Six short-answer (1-2 paragraph) questions
- Social media post
- Contact information for two references (employment or academic)
Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted in late-August or possibly early September. In the interview, please be prepared to provide specific examples that demonstrate the skills you possess that are relevant to this position. It is highly recommended that you utilize the resources on the UCI Division of Career Pathways website to Prepare for the Interview.
Questions? E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org